0h jam / 0h Game / Falling Balls
I participated in the 0h jam (http://0hgame.eu/). It took me more than 0h to make the game, (I started at 2am, and finished at 2:20am ca.) so I guess I failed.
But it is my first game jam game, and I finished it, so I consider it a personal success!
Download the Game:
The reasons why it took so long:
- My Unity License Expirer, had to get that to work
- Unity Crashed thrice
- Github for WIndows froze multiple times
- When creating the project, I accidentally imported a ton of packages, so creating hte project took over 20min
- I'm ill, so I spent a while not at the computer (I'll spare you the details)
So yeah, there are reasons why it didn't work out. And yet those are all just excuses: I failed the jam.
What did I learn from the jam:
- I have to be healthy when making jams, making them ill sucks
- PREPARATION IS EVERYTHING. If I'd have opened unity, created the repository and the empty unity project, I'd easilly have finished in time.
- Solid green backgrounds are hard on the eyes ;-)